thoughts spilt in leisure...

thoughts spilt in no hurry...

Sunday, June 26, 2005

To Err Is Human

I’m not sure I should be making this public. But I guess I will not be able to sleep if I don’t confess. I along with four other friends committed a crime. A sin. A mistake.

Though the idea came up the previous day itself , the plans were finalized only on Sunday afternoon. We decided to hit the target at 4pm. The time-zero for the operation was 5pm. The place was on the outskirts of Bangalore. On reaching there we had to win a big fight to get into the cold room. It was sparsely lit. All set and the mistake was about to happen. We were about to watch “Paheli”. Trust me! This definitely was a mistake. The movie itself was a mistake and watching it was an even more grave mistake.


“Daddy!! What’s happening in the movie?” cried a 6 yr old. It was a loud shout that coincided with a moment of silence in the movie. My friends and I laughed at the back. I guess that was the only time I laughed during the movie. Let alone laughter, the movie did not bring any kind of emotion (except for anger of having watched it … :). I should have rather sat at home and watched the ceiling. ‘Boring’, irksome’, ‘ho-hum’, ‘dull’ are all actually compliments for the movie. English needs stronger adjectives to describe this film. Coming out of the theatre, I told my fellow friend waiting for the next show “ Even if you manage to sell the ticket for half the price, you will still be making profit.” I was a learned man eh! Experience is the best teacher… :)

Its circumstance that drives people into committing mistakes. So was our case. We hadn’t got tickets to “Batman Begins”, “Parineeta”, or “Anniyan”. So we made this mistake of watching “Paheli”. I hope my friends and I are forgiven for this mistake like we have forgiven the makers of this movie. After all “To Err is Human”

1 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Blogger Phalguni A.V said...

hey anoop,
The movie was not so bad after all.. but definitely not worth a watch in a theatre..(Money i mean..)..I watched it comfortably in a vcd...its true that experience does teach us...but with movies.. i am not sure..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home